A major player in the social and solidarity economy, the French Red Cross runs a network of more than 600 establishments and services in the health, medical and social sectors and in training.
It also runs 12 regional health and social training institutes.
As a member of the world’s largest humanitarian network, the French Red Cross employs more than 17,000 people who, through more than 70 professions, put their professionalism at the service of the most vulnerable in medical-educational institutes, day-care centres, retirement homes, functional rehabilitation centres, emergency accommodation centres, training centres, international missions, etc.
The French Red Cross is returning to Palestine for the first time since 2009 after recently obtaining funding from the Agence Francaise de Développement (AFD) for a five-year project. The project consists of supporting the strategic and programmatic development of Ibn Sina College of Health Sciences in Nablus, Palestine, through the redesign of the curricular to adapt it to international LMD standards, digitalization, modernization of simulations labs and creation of a continuous training center, a
research Lab and PGI action plan. The French Red Cross will work in collaboration with the University of Montreal, the Palestinian Red Crescent Society and the Palestinian Ministries of Higher Education and Health. Located in the West Bank, Ibn Sina College currently welcomes currently 300 students and has the ambition to become a “leading college in nursing and midwifery, both locally and internationally, adopting the principles of lifelong learning for its students and health personnel, through curricula based on competencies, skills and practises based on scientific evidence”. Another component of the project includes the construction of a new school to welcome Ibn Sina College students; this part is managed by AFD directly. The project will begin in October 2022.
– Supervise and if necessary, ensure financial, accounting, and budgetary management of the delegation as well as the management of administrative and legal files.
– Supervise and if necessary, ensure the setting up and follow up of the mission’s HR policy and coordinate its implementation in the delegation as per the country’s legislation, HR policy and FRC staff development
– Supervise and if necessary, ensure the logistics management of the delegation.
– Ensures that support functions are strengthened, and appropriate systems are in place to adequately support programs implementation in all aspects
– Ensure the management and the capacity building of both the Admin Manager and the Logistics Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
● Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or Humanitarian Finance/Logistics.
● Minimum of 2 years of demonstrable relevant experience in a similar position.
● Solid HR management skills.
● Solid knowledge of accounting principles, financial systems, budget/cash-flow monitoring and internal accounting controls
● Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet).
● Knowledge of and experience with donor and government grant regulations and financial reporting requirements.
● Senior leadership experience in strategic financial and operational management.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCES
● Knowledge of the Red Cross Movement
● Knowledge and exposure to the social and cultural values of the region.
● Interest in understanding the geopolitical context
● Pedagogy and coaching for the benefit of national staff
● Flexibility and ability to adapt quickly
● Strong inter-personal skills, and proven team-player
● Able to solve complex problems and to exercise independent judgment
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Good analytical skills with good attention to detail
● Commitment to and understanding of FRC’s vision, mission, and values.
Join us !
You would like to join a large association that works daily with vulnerable people!
You are looking for meaning and wish to develop yourself within a company that is committed to its values.
You attach importance to the principles and values defended and carried by the French Red Cross (Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary service, Unity, Universality).
Start date 1st October 2022
Work location Ramallah – Palestine
How to apply