Our organization and health care internships are a worthwhile way to gain genuine-planet working experience. With job opportunities far more broadly obtainable, contemplate introducing an internship to your degree approach.
Discover an internship
MHA College students
The internship is suggested for learners who lack working experience in wellness treatment or who have knowledge that has been restricted to scientific places. To make sure that the internship is accomplished in a satisfactory way, the Health care Administration Faculty has made the HCA Internship Plan and Pointers.
- HCA 5941 necessitates a least of 60 call hrs in 1 semester and is value 1 semester hour of credit rating.
- HCA 5942 necessitates a bare minimum of 120 get in touch with several hours in 1 semester and is really worth 2 semester hours of credit rating.
*Students taking part in an internship that involves a minimum of 180 call several hours, may possibly enroll in equally HCA 5941 and HCA 5942 to get 3 academic internship credit score hours, which is the optimum range authorized for credit.
MHA students who wish to comprehensive an internship must call Dr. Tyson a single semester in advance for acceptance.
Sandra K. Tyson, PhD
Viewing Assistant Professor
Internship Coordinator, Houston
Wellbeing Treatment Administration
6700 Fannin Road, Suite 7013
Houston, Texas 77030
Cellular phone/Fax/Textual content: 713-794.2363
BBA & MBA Learners
To receive academic training course credit score for your internship, comply with the measures beneath before registering for the Internship/Cooperative Training system:
- Make confident you have your internship experience secured for the following semester. If you need to have assistance with acquiring or applying for an internship, please agenda an internship advising appointment with the Pioneer Center for College student Excellence Internships Division.
- Internship options are situated in Handshake
Pay a visit to the PSCE Internships Office for extra data.
BBA and MBA students who want to comprehensive an internship ought to contact the school shown underneath for approval. A minimal GPA of 2.75 is necessary to be qualified for acceptance of internship.
- BUS 4953 (3 credit history several hours) calls for a bare minimum of 150 several hours a semester.
- BUS 4956 (6 credit history hrs) calls for completion of 300 hours for the duration of the semester.
- BUS 5956 (6 credit history hours) requires a minimum amount of eighteen make contact with hrs a week.
Right after registration, pupils are essential to routine a necessary assembly with the faculty member to assessment internship necessities for the time period.
Spring and Tumble Semesters
Sumanjali Shrestha, MBA
Viewing Teacher, Accounting
“The effort I set in my internships contributed to my efficiency as a TWU student and chief.”
Victoria Perez (BBA-Marketing and advertising 2017), finished internships though at TWU
Webpage past updated 12:45 PM, February 8, 2023