- Full time, fixed term until March 2024
- Opportunity to provide administration support for the collaborative research hub known as the Institute for Musculoskeletal Health (IMH)
- Base Salary $78,077 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The University of Sydney and Sydney Local Health District have developed a collaborative research hub known as the Institute for Musculoskeletal Health (IMH). The Institute brings together musculoskeletal healthcare researchers and provides a platform to strengthen existing alliances whilst developing new local, national, and international collaborations.
The Institute’s vision is to become the world leader in musculoskeletal and physical activity research thus driving global improvements in health outcomes. We aim to achieve this through priority-based, high quality, and patient-centred research.
The Administration Officer performs general administrative support under general direction including preparing documents, maintaining records, managing purchasing and invoicing, updating web materials, responding to queries, exploring matters, and sourcing solutions etc. As the first point of contact for the office, this role requires strong administrative and organisational skills in order to coordinate and undertake a range of operational activities.
The Administration Officer will support administration tasks in a Faculty of Medicine and Health Flagship environment working with world-leading researchers and research staff and with great career opportunities. It is a flexible and inclusive work environment and predominantly office-based. We would consider a job share arrangement if appropriate candidates apply.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- provide administrative support across the whole group
- oversee the collection of data for Institute research reports (e.g. publications, grants) and support researchers with the grant application process
- maintain academic and research records, including project registers, EndNote libraries and publication registers
- coordinate payment and invoice management, and manage financials, credit card reconciliations and purchase orders
- manage Director’s diary
- manage travel and accommodation needs for staff
- organise events, and liaise across a variety of portfolios
- oversee the office management and manage day to day and ad hoc activities
- manage website information including social media updates, web content, preparing newsletters and maintain and develop relevant SharePoint content
- strong administration skills preferably in a University and or research environment
- excellent interpersonal, written and oral skills
- strong time management, organisation and problem-solving skills, and is confident dealing with multiple stakeholders groups
- experience in coordinating financial payments, invoice management, credit card reconciliations and purchase orders
- Sharepoint, social media and web content experience is desirable
- excellent Outlook calendar management skills with the ability to support a shared inbox across multiple stakeholder groups and portfolios
- tech-savvy and experience using UniBuy and/or other university systems is desirable
- looking to be part of a Flagship centre within the Faculty of Medicine and Health
Closes 11:59pm Monday 25 April 2022
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
As this position is located on an NSW Health site, it is a regulatory requirement to complete compulsory employment checks prior to starting in this position. For more information and instructions, please visit:NSW Health employment requirements
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Scott Walker, Recruitment Operations, by email [email protected]
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.