The position is to be filled as soon as possible, with an initial contract duration of one year. There are good prospects for an extension. Employment location will be Zwedru, Liberia.
As Head of Project – Construction Health System Strengthening, you will be responsible for various infrastructure projects related to new construction or rehabilitation of existing health facilities, steered from Welthungerhilfe’s Country Office Liberia. Your role will be to successfully manage the relevant project(s), cooperating with implementing parties and always being proactive to mitigate risks of non-performance and ensuring that alternative strategies are available and used to mitigate or manage respective risks.
- Carrying out the project according to the rules and standards of the co-financing donors (KfW) and Welthungerhilfe
- Developing key project documents, e.g. operation plan, M&E plan, quarterly reports to donors
- Ensuring that all project relevant support is in place (monitoring, logistics, finance administration, etc.)
- Being responsible for modifying and continuing project planning and the project budget
- Supporting the identification of co-financing opportunities to be pursued and ensuring the timely development of successful project proposals in line with the relevant donor regulations and strategies
- Establishing good working relationships with donors and other stakeholders
- Coordinating Welthungerhilfe staff as well as local partners and supporting them in report preparation
- Representing the project in sector meetings and other forums
- Implementing an information and communication policy for the project
- Preparing project visits by different stakeholders
- A relevant university degree, preferably with a focus on Civil Engineering
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience in project development and management of complex and large scale projects
- Proven experience in organizational leadership
- Experience in working with major European donors would be an advantage
- Strong ability to oversee construction projects, work independently and effectively plan/execute project deliverables while maintaining high standards of integrity at all times
- Ability to pay attention to details, with the capacity to differentiate and mitigate strategic risks
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Able to work under high pressure in dififcult living and working circumstances
- Readiness to receive necessary vaccinations for traveling to Welthungerhilfe’s programme countries
- Excellent spoken and written English language skills
We offer you the opportunity to work in a responsible and interesting field as part of an extremely dedicated team. Welthungerhilfe attaches great importance to the personal and professional development of its employees and the balance of their work and private life. Remuneration is based on our gender-independent salary scale. In addition, Welthungerhilfe offers numerous other benefits, which are listed under “Our benefits”.
How to apply
Please send your application via our online recruiting system by June 19, 2022 by following this link. Welthungerhilfe is committed to fighting terrorism in all its activities. Accordingly, any applicant who is offered employment will be screened against lists of known and suspected terrorists.
*Welthungerhilfe values diversity and ensures an inclusive, non-discriminatory working environment. We welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.